Friday, January 11, 2008

Dyed silk ribbons & cords

I received an email from a friend yesterday asking if I could dye some silk cords and ribbons for her to use with her lamp work beads to make necklaces. Interesting because I had just used a dyed strip of habotai silk that I burned the edges of along with a dyed silk cord with one of her beads as a pendant to send her. It's always serendipitous to me how these things work. I of course am interested and have already been corresponding with her. You can click on my "other places to visit" links "Caty Porter " to see her work. Here's the piece I put together. She is going to make closures from PMC to finish the pieces off. Very classy, who wants one?



And here are some other little pendants I put together.



2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Oh my goodness! Oh mt goodness! These are beautiful. I love these (my favorite is the middle one on the bottom) and would be very happy to buy one. Your silk ribbons and cords are gorgeous (no surprise there) and set off the glass bead and the pendants beautifully.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorri,
I love these too! I use the curled silk cord sometimes too. I buy it at Bead Paradise nearby in Oberlin, Ohio. Do you make your own? Your work is beautiful! ~Lou