Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Time Enough"


The best gifts are ones that surprise you and the ones that strike at your heart and stay with you forever, like friendships. My dear friend Jennifer sent me just such a gift. I had expected a package from her since she was sewing some silk ribbon flower pins for me (see previous post), but tucked away under the package of laces she gave me and the flower pins was a little cellophane bag with a small wrapped package in it. It was this sweet little charm she stamped and attached to a hand wrapped hanger. What she stamped says “time enough”. I was touched but then I saw the folded, printed paper inside and what she wrote brought tears to my eyes because these are the things that count! The sharing of ideas, concerns and feelings, the letting someone know how you care.




“Hi there! This charm came about because I had been feeling like there just wasn’t enough time to do what I wanted to, what with family, work and the myriad responsibilities and duties of life. Do you feel this way some times? Finally this not-enough-time attitude required that I stop and take a careful look at it. In the end I saw that what is important to me really does get done and there is time enough. Time enough for art, friendship, that deep long breath, time enough for all the things that fill a life and make it good to live. May you also feel there is time enough in your own life.”

May we all find time enough.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

What a wonderful gift from a very good friend!

Joanne