Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wishing for Rain



This is the Christianna Hunnicutt ceramic sculpture that sits on the ledge above my bed. This was taken when a storm was brewing this past winter (see the raindrops on the window?). Sadly we did not have enough of this precious rain and are now in a drought with summer only beginning. The number of fires consuming our state and forests are already staggering. I am putting this photo on my desktop to meditate on in hopes that we get through this drought.

I took a trip up the coast with some dear friends, Diane and Devra, who visited from Austin. I need to download my photos and size them so I can write about that trip next post. We had a fabulous time hiking and beach combing. We have a treasure trove of abalone shells and pieces along with shells and rocks we collected. Here are a few pictures but there's more to come!






2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I think the fires are terrifying and I keep you in my prayers. The pictures are cool and I look forward to seeing more.

Joanne

Beryl Moody said...

Wow. Those pictures of tafoni really brought back memories of some great geology field trips along the coast. Where were they taken?