Monday, April 13, 2009

Preview of Wayward Frocks


Jennifer and I have been working hard on our line of reconstructed vintage slips and bedjackets. We're calling them "wayward frocks" and I will be showing and selling some of these at the May Day show in Santa Cruz Here is a preview of some of them with many more to come. We will have a boutique at Art Unraveled selling our wearable creations of these reconstructed vintage slips and bedjackets along with hats, hand dyed and sewn flower pins, and dyed silk scarves and wraps.

This is a bedjacket I shibori dyed (it's subtle) and then added dyed silk scarf lengths as a skirt. I'm still working on the top front. The dress has a "wayward bloom" from silks I dyed and passed along to Jennifer who crafted the fabrics into this hand sewn flower pin.


The pictures of this dress show it pinned but I have sewn it since these pics were taken. I'm leaving town tomorrow for ten days and wanted to get these on the blog but don't have time to photo. I think you get the idea. Again the flower pin was hand sewn by Jennifer.


Here is the packet I sent Jennifer:

And this is what she did with it.

I've sent her many packets and you may see that she uses parts of one with other slips.








Blogger Photo uploader is not cooperating with me and I need to go pack so posting the rest of the photos I have will have to wait until I return after April 24th. I'm headed to the Island of Kauai that I love so much.

Aloha!

1 comment:

Jomama said...

These look really cool!