Monday, September 7, 2009

another wayward threads garment






I have been gathering crochet lace trims and doilies. I showed you previously the scarves I have been making. Now I am onto jackets. This pieces was a rayon tunic I dyed along with all the lace and doiley pieces you see attached to it. I cut the tunic up the front center and started sewing on the embellishments. I used a silk noil gauze to create the ruffle on the back. I plan to add some ties to the front but I like this piece so much I just had to snap some photos and put it up here for you to see. I will be working on more of this type jacket to sell on vendor night at Art & Soul. If you're attending be sure to stop by and see me!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutley stunning! very high end.
hope you do great.
steph b

Joanne Huffman said...

You really are making beautiful clothes!

jackie said...

Fabulous!

Lisa said...

This is lovely...glad we are rooming together so I can get a sneak peak.