Monday, March 22, 2010

Thinking of Home


This photo was taken by my friend Devra on our walk.

by the side of the road
alongside a stream of clear water
in the shade of a willow tree
I paused for what I thought
would be just a moment
~by Saigyo (1118-1190), a 12th century poet~


I've been away on vacation for a week but heading home tomorrow. I walked along the Blanco river yesterday with dear longtime friends on a beautiful sunny but blustery day. We saw a sharp shinned female hawk circling above us and fussing because we were standing under the tree where her nest was. We soon moved on down the bank. I've had a marvelous time here in the Texas Hill Country where I used to live for almost 12 years.

Tomorrow I'll be home and ready to work in my studio. I think I have spring fever and am ready to create. I've opened my etsy shop again, taken off vacation mode.

Hope everyone is having at least some spring weather in their life!

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Glad you've had an enjoyable vacation. We've had flutterings of spring and it does stir up creative feelings.

jan b. said...

Well, I too am back home now. And while our temp here is in the 40s (with rain), it feels quite cold after that upper 80s degrees weather we were experiencing on our trip. But tomorrow is suppose to be mostly sunny with 50s!!! Now about your new scarves ... Connie is right ... you should do faux script onto one of your wayward slip/frocks! And I love the birdie scarf in the previous post.