Sunday, November 7, 2010

Two Days in the Studio and Four new Scarves


Yesterday I dye painted silk ribbons to use in making some new wayward threads scarves. I also had lengths of torn muslin fabric strips that I purchased with stamped images that I added dye to with a paint brush to make them look aged. I like the look of tea dyed fabrics but tea doesn't always last through wearing and washing. I used dye to insure the color will last and randomly painted the dye so the fabrics look vintage. I was able to lay four scarves out, ready to be sewn.



This morning I woke to a blustery and rainy day that never let up. Cool, damp, and dreary, the perfect weather to be inside creating. I sewed the scarves today and painted some more ribbons.

I'm showing a few photographs here and in the next day or two plan to photo more ribbons and begin listing them in my Etsy shop. I'll be back to post when I do that.




5 comments:

Connie said...

such pretty scarves! it has been rainy rainy here too!

Joanne Huffman said...

I always love looking at your beautiful scarves.

jan b. said...

wow ... those are cool!

martha brown said...

I managed to lose my beautiful scarf somewhere last week! I've worn it every day for the last 2 months....I am heartbroken.... are these ones for sale, Lorrie? (and are you teaching again at artunraveled -- I've decided to only take fabric classes next year :)

martha brown said...

I found them in your shop -- which, by the way, you don't seem to have a link to on your blog (your ribbon shop does, but not your scarf shop)
p.s sorry I spelled your name wrong on the last post....