Monday, March 28, 2011

Yesterday's Dyeing



I had a woman from Santa Cruz come to my studio yesterday to have a private workshop session. Suzanne was delightful and we discovered we have mutual friends. I am so disappointed that I did not take any photos of her work. She had the most beautiful color scheme, dreamy seafoam, golden wheat and brown.

After she left I got busy shibori dyeing silk ribbons at the request of super talented friend, Suza, to add to her spring linen jacket collection. It's hard to color match and it may be that none of the ribbons will work for her color scheme. A color name can be a wide variety of actual colors. Think if someone asked you to color something plum what would that mean to you? I bet everyone would have a range of purples but maybe not the "plum" the person who asked envisioned.

I've not said much about my back issues but it's been difficult for me. We trust doctors so much but often they can't help us and only offer opinions that we take for gospel. Sigh. I'll not go into the saga but next Friday I will get another round of epidural steroid shots and really, really, really, hope they give me some relief. I mean I'm leaving April 6th to go to New Zealand and I so want to not back pain!!

The sun is finally shining today so I'm going to go outside and enjoy it since it's predicted we'll only see a couple days of it and then more rain and gloom. I really am starting to feel like Eeyore.

3 comments:

lilylovekin said...

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your back, I hope the epidural injections work-they work for my mother. Your dyed ribbons are lovely, it was nice you got to do some work in your studio this past rainy week-end.

Joanne Huffman said...

What fun a one-on-one workshop must have been! The ribbons are beautiful! I sure hope the shots work.

Jomama said...

At least your ribbons are gorgeous!