Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Business Side of Things


As an artist, a designer, a maker of things it is the part where I flourish. The studio can be such a creative place where the world is shut away from me and I'm focused on designing and creating. But because what I make are things I want to sell and share with those who appreciate them there is the business side. It has taken several days to do a photo shoot, load the photos on the computer, size and format them, choose which ones to use and then decide I need some more close ups and have to shoot more photos and repeat the process.

On Saturday I was fortunate to have my photographer friend Wendy shoot (photos of course) two lovely young models. My sons girlfriend Jillian and her friend Sara showed up at the Trunk Show and the photo shoot was done. It makes such a difference to have garments shown on a person and I am grateful for these friends who rallied to be there for me.

After getting the photos ready comes the part of writing up what the piece is, taking the measurements, describing the color, etc. I finally got some of that done today and was able to post several new items in my Etsy shop. I hope you'll visit and see my new listings.

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I haven't even set up an Etsy shop yet because I'm so intimidated by all that it involves. I just visited your shop and intend to send Becky over to it. Your clothes are beautiful (and your models are lovely).

Suzanne Morgan said...

Lovely work and post Lori! I know how much work all of this is and I think you've done a great job here!

lomaprietapottery said...

Beautiful! Both the work and the models! And you are so lucky to have Wendy nearby to take the photos! I totally know the pain of getting those listings done for Etsy!

The Creative Beast said...

I hear you on all the work that needs to be done for listing goods on Etsy Lorri - it is indeed a LOT of work that many are not aware of.

Congratulations on having such wonderful people in your life to help with the different aspects of work needed to promote your beautiful works! I'm off to look at them now! ;)