Saturday, November 17, 2012

Studio Progress


I have spent the last few days working on my studio addition.  Thursday I primed and painted the walls,  yesterday I primed the cement floor, and today I will put the first coat of paint on the floor.



We had a winter storm come in which means lots of rain for us in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  It also means it will take the paint longer to dry so I will probably have to wait until tomorrow to add the second coat on the floor.


Michael will be putting the trim around window, door frame and along the wall/floor.  Next he will hook up the electrical in that room and remove the garage door.  After that I can move in.  Yahoo!


Of course moving and rearranging all my stuff will not be an easy task but one I will delight in tackling!  The construction clean up not so much. :-)  Sometime in the future the addition will get stucco and paint to match the existing part.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Looking good!

MB Shaw said...

Wow, I can't wait to see it!!!

yodoodz said...

I remember helping Michael build your first one — you've come a long way since those days.

jan b. said...

woo hoo! ... lookin' good

Todd Thompson said...

really nice new space, Lori. Godd to hear that Micheals doing something productive, hahaha...

The Creative Beast said...

WOW! Lots of progress on the new studio space - I can't wait to see it finalized and, especially, to see it DECORATED!!