Monday, January 28, 2013

The Disarray of Not Knowing What to Pack


Good morning readers.  I am sitting in my office while I wait for my studio to heat up a bit. There was frost on the ground this morning so I had to turn the heat up.  I'm contemplating in my mind how I will set up for the Tucson show and what I'll need to take and if it will all fit in my car.

I listed a few more ribbon items in my Etsy shop.  I will leave it open until Feb. 1st and then I'll be packing everything to take with me to Tucson.  I've wrapped ribbon on these vintage brass ended bobbins and am selling them with the bobbin.



 Vintage buckles and hand dyed ribbon packs


Here are photos I took last night before I shut the lights off and this is what will be there to greet me after I finish writing this post.  Will all this fit in my Subaru Outback along with a folding screen and garment rack?  And the equipment I need (two tubs full and a microwave) to teach?  That is the challenge.


I've piled props onto this table and created a mock up of how things will get displayed, sort of.  I can't really know how the set up will be until I get there.  It won't be the usual square footage with a table space as it's a front room of a motel suite minus the couch and a few other furnishings.






I still have many dyed ribbons to wrap onto cards.


It always takes longer to list items on Etsy and write a blog post than I anticipate.  Here it is 10:15 and I'm still in my jammies, geez.  Better get in gear.  Have a lovely day!



4 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

Your display will look fabulous whatever happens! You have such beautiful items and you display them so creatively - I love the wood spools and the metal cake stand. Good luck with packing it all to go =-)

Joanne Huffman said...

I would get lost in all that beautiful stuff! Pack up everything you can and travel softly.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see you. everything looks so beautiful. i can help you wrap ribbons :) safe travels. xoxo

Chris Flynn said...

Oh, I'm drooling! Your space will love lovely,inviting, and will be quite prosperous! Have fun with the delightful Joanna!
hugs, Chris