Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vintage Finds and Rust Dyeing

This last Saturday I attended the Remnants of the Past show in Santa Clara with my friend Wendy.  These are my finds:








I've already soaked the soiled and musty smelling pieces and hung them out to air a few days.  Now they are ready to use in some creation, probably a garment for upcoming Art Unraveled Shopping Extravaganza vendor day.

The last few days I've been experimenting with rust dyeing and love the results I'm getting.


I have the next few days to work on garments, dye ribbon, and prepare kits for teaching as I am going to Oregon on Monday for the week.  Michael is flying me to Klamath Falls where I will stay with Roxanne Evans Stout for a couple of days.  Susan Wooldridge will join us so we can "scheme" about our plans for the Kauai 2015 retreat the three of us will host.  My sister Jan will also join us and then I will go to Medford where she lives and stay a few days before I get picked up on Sunday.

After I'm home there is only a short time left before I take to the road and drive to Phoenix for Art Unraveled.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

It sounds wonderful, Lorri. I'm anxiously awaiting details of the Kauai retreat.